Miss Lancashire’s 2014 Running Challenge and plans for her year.
Project of the week: Miss Lancashire 2014 Running challenge BOOKED!
Aim: This year I am pushing myself further to raise as much money as I can for the incredible Children’s Charity; ‘Beauty With A Purpose’, aiding disadvantaged children globally and right here in our communities.
Miss Lancashire 2014 Running Race Challenge completing the following races:
– 16th February: Central Lancashire 5K Run
– 1st March: Blackpool Stanley Park 10K Run
– 13th April: Bolton 10K Run
– 5th May: Annual Preston Guild 5K Run
And this is how you can sponsor me:
In addition I have compiled a list of amazing things I want to achieve and be involved in this year. Here they are;
Things I want to achieve this year:
- Be successful in Miss England 2014
- Successfully receive agency work for Presenting and Commercial work
Events to get involved with:
- Hope for justice speaking in colleges, universities and schools
- Create my own Empowering Women event
- Work with Katie Holmes Trust
- Completed Hope For Justice Speaker Training course with MD and central Team
- Create 5 minute inspiring video blogs for my YouTube channel on a weekly basis
- Complete my Miss Lancashire 4 race running challenge to raise funds for Beauty with a Purpose
- Get in touch with PNE football club and see if I can make appearances at events/games.
- Gain positive support from Lancashire County Council – wasn’t successful last week – maybe get in touch with Councillors/ Mayor
- Preston clothes show and fashion week.
- Work with eating disorder charity : SEED (meeting with Shelley this weekend)I will keep you all updated on these events and others, throughout my year as Miss Lancashire.
Miss Lancashire Quote of the week:
‘Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so that the world can see you’
I love this quote, I try to base anything I do around this quote to put life into perspective and to genuinely humble myself.
My aim is to be an authentic person in every area of my life especially as I take on new roles, whether I am leading a congregation in Christian Worship on a Sunday morning, mentoring my young Lifegroup girls, backpacking on a mission trip in Macedonia, or representing Lancashire as 2nd Place Miss England.
I never want to take my position in leadership for granted, I want to ensure that I’m always honouring the leaders/mentors that have entrusted me with the responsibilities they have placed on me!